Welcome to La Querencia
Nestled in the sweeping grasslands and old-grove eucalyptus trees of the Argentine Pampas, sits La Querencia, the polo training farm and headquarters of 8-goal professional player Francisco Elizalde.
In 2019, we are opening our doors to host two 5-day Polo Pony Training Clinics (January 13-19 and March 17-23, 2019) to teach the Four Foundations of Polo Pony Training. Our goal is to teach professional training methods in an accessible and easy-to-understand way for the everyday polo player. Whether you are just starting out, or a long-time polo player, we hope you’ll join us.
THe Four Foundations
The Basic Skills: forward movement; stopping; turning; balance and changing leads.
Polo Skills: neck reining; introducing the mallet and bumping.
Green Polo: introducing the horse to playing with others and green horse chukkers.
Made Polo: skill maintenance and fitness in established polo ponies.
SEminars & Topics covered
• Tack & Bitting
• Shoeing & Nutrition
• Choosing Prospective Polo Ponies
• Best Practices in Grooming
• Pre-season Conditioning
• Season Skill & Fitness Maintenance
• Troubleshooting common problems
Take home materials
- Sample training timelines and schedule.
- Specific exercises for each of the Four Foundations of Polo Pony Training.
- Workbook with practical and easy-to-follow instructions and explanations.
- Transportation to and from Buenos Aires
- Horses, tack, mallets and grooms
- Accommodation on or near the farm
- All meals, including farm asados
- Argentine wine & beer tastings